The aim of this study was to review and presentation system of automated planning, knowledge-based planning and other novel developments in radiotherapy treatment planning, with the answer on the question; how do these system work and perform. The review was based on selected reports and research problems presented during ESTRO 36th annual conference held in Vienna, Austria.
2. B. Heijmen, P. Voet, L. Rossi, wsp. Automated planning, knowledge-based planning and other novelties in treatment planning - how do they work and perform? Radiotherapy and Oncology, Radiotherapy and Oncology, 2017;123:126
3. Berry SL, Boczkowski A, Ma R, wsp. Interobserver variability in radiation therapy plan output: Results of a single-institution study. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2016;6:442-9.
4. Hussein M, South CP, Barry MA, wsp. Clinical validation and benchmarking of knowledge-based IMRT and VMAT treatment planning in pelvic anatomy. Radiother Oncol. 2016 ;120:473-9.
5. Sharfo A.W.M, Dirkx M.L.P, Bijman R.G, wsp.s Late toxicity in HYPRO randomized trial analyzed by automated planning and intrinsic NTCP modelling Radiotherapy and Oncology, 2017;123:126.
6. Van der Veen G, Duijn A, Trinks J, wsp. Acceptance rates of automatically generated treatment plans for breast cancer Radiotherapy and Oncology, 2017;123:126–7.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.